The HopeFULL Company is offering a opportunity to join our small, mission based company during an exciting time of growth!
Seeking an integral part of our team this summer to assist with all aspects of executing public relations campaigns across the health and wellness industries, including working on exciting projects involving hospitals, schools and of course delicious and nutritious popsicles - yum!
We are looking for dependable candidates with media savvy and superb writing skills. If you’re looking for a career in public relations or social media, this is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on knowledge and experience. We require a commitment of 15 hours per week, ideally three 5 hour days. We office in an art studio in Lowertown St. Paul where creativity thrives!
6 weeks of non-paying internship.
Evaluation and payed internship at week 6, depending on results.
6 weeks paid internship.
Evaluation and possible employment, depending on results.
- Communications, Marketing or Journalism Major
- Skilled writer/communicator
- Organized and dependable
- Ambitious, positive attitude, and a desire to build a career in PR or Social Media
- Understanding of the public relations field and eagerness to gain hands-on experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr and Pintest (we need an avid social media user!)
- Mac user ideal (must have own macbook or laptop)
- Amazing research skills
- News junkie – must be passionate about current news and trends surrounding healthy food and nutrition.
- Lives a healthy lifestyle of their own
- High energy, with a desire to come up with fresh ideas
- Ability to identify a target market and “speak” to that consumer through social media
Create and update media lists, assist with developing media materials and press kits, brainstorming, write news/feature stories for company website and pitches, develop monthly PR reports, research and develop social media content, manage social media outreach and research local events (ie: trade shows).
We expect experience with social media on a personal level, but experience on a business level would be great. You must be able to think strategically and see how social media fits into a business’ marketing strategy, not just “selling” to our customers, but building long-lasting relationships by providing value to them. Our Intern must be able to assist in formulating social media plans (once ample information is provided to you), and then carry them out (with our assistance). You must be able to measure and document the impact of social media, and then suggest action-steps to increase impact.
- School credit as arranged through school internship program
- Great opportunity for paid internship and employment
- Receive written or verbal recommendation/referral upon completion of internship
- Gain knowledge of both the PR and Social Media fields in a fun, professional, mission-based environment
- Wear jeans to work, eat a lot of yummy popsicles, laugh a lot, hang out in trendy Lowertown...need we say more?
To apply, demonstrate your writing skills in an email addressing why you are interested in the internship and what you feel you could offer The HopeFULL Company. Email Jessica Brekke at email@example.com. Feel free to include an additional writing sample of your choosing. Please attach your resume to the email in jpg or pdf form.
We hope to hear from you soon!
Jessica & Stephanie
Ahhh, take a break here... P.S. That's Steph's head.
Ariel view. See, you'd have your own desk!
It's a great space - kitchen, living room, skateboard and bike racks...
And we're just as silly as we are serious about helping those who are having trouble eating!